Global sport faces major disruption from climate change in coming decades. Across the world we are already seeing our athletes and the sports we love being impacted by the likes of flooded pitches, extreme heat, smoke from bush fires, coastal erosion and lack of snow for winter sports
No sport will be exempt from impact of climate change, and the time to act is now. Crucial early adopters have been working towards sport having a lower environmental footprint for decades, but a critical mass of sport properties globally are getting behind this effort right now thanks to the likes of UN Sports For Climate Action Framework and other initiatives. Sport has never been in a more powerful position to harness the zeitgeist to drive change that will safeguard its future, positively impact the world for generations to come, and evolve the sports business model towards a more sustainable economic foundation.
So what can you do?
- Join us at Sport Positive Virtual Summit 2021 to learn, discuss, network and connect with your global colleagues and be empowered to drive change
- Make an external commitment to playing your part: sign up to UN Sports for Climate Action Framework
- Understand what your impact is as an organisation; measure, benchmark, improve
- Put a plan in place to reduce your climate impact within your organisation, through your supply chain and via your sponsors
- Engage with your fans and community to make positive behavioural changes in their own lives
Click here to join us at Sport Positive Virtual Summit 2021.